The objective of the Helicopter ATPL Theoretical Knowledge (HATK) Course is to train pilots who wish to obtain the necessary theoretical knowledge to pursue a career as an Helicopter Air Transport Pilot.
Theoretical knowledge for your Helicopter ATP License
The objective of the Helicopter ATPL Theory course is to train helicopter pilots in order to attain all the Learning Objectives necessary to undertake its professional activity in helicopter airline companies.
Barcelona Flight School is an authorized centre by the Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea under EASA Part-FCL with the ATO number E-ATO-037 to provide flight training, with over 60 years of experience.
The Theoretical Course is composed of 550 hours of classroom for students already holding an Helicopter Private Pilot License PPL(H), taking approximately 40 weeks, or 305 hours and approximately 23 weeks for students already holding an Helicopter Commercial Pilot License CPL(H), with the following syllabus:
- Air Law
- Performances & Flight Planning
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Operational Procedures
- Principles of Flight
- Human Factors
The approximate duration of the course is of 40 weeks for students holding a PPL(H) or 23 weeks for students already holding a CPL(H)
- To hold an Helicopter Commercial Pilot License or Private Pilot License (PPL-H or CPL-H)
- High School diploma or alternatively to demonstrate you can fully understand the content of the course and the successful completion of an examination of knowledge in Mathematics, Physics and English.
- To be at least 18 years old.